Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!





Hey everyone, Happy New Year!!!!!  I wanted to start off this year right and talk about resolutions.  I don't save them for the New Year, I practice them everyday. I'm resolute about many things, but today I'll talk about the power of giving.  It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?  It truly baffles me when that, along with the gift of love, understanding and compassion; that we're all in possession of, aren't returned.  I mean, what does it really cost to give back?

Making people feel good, about their lives, their situation and themselves should be the norm and I'm resolved in sharing this with any and everyone that needs it. In May 2009, the I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! page was created for this purpose; your words have impacted me and in all sincerity, changed my life, thank you.  With over 1200 supporters, I can only hope others are benefiting from this page too.  I copy and paste hundreds of statuses for the page, but I read thousands.  I want to thank everyone who contributed to the page directly and inadvertently!  On some days, the commonality in your shared posts was phenomenal!  It was almost as if we were ALL on the same page, no pun intended!  The honesty some of your posts revealed, the emotion that your words evoked, had me in a contemplative state of mind regularly and I truly felt it... my cup runneth over..  :-)  


Ted Williams, the homeless gentleman who is Blessed with the gift of voice should be a living testament of what the human spirit is capable of.  To never give up and persevere with no fear and no excuses is the rule of thumb and Mr. Williams' meteoric rise and phenomenal appeal to the masses is nothing short of amazing. His resolution, his belief in God and in his natural ability enabled him to push through and I couldn't be more happy for him!  And to Doral Chenoweth III of "The Columbus Dispatch", the newsman who stopped, spoke to and shared Mr. Williams' story, you changed this mans life and when I prayed for Mr. Williams, I also prayed for the Blessing that is you.  Those steps you took were guided and I said a special thank you to Him because you were listening!


We're not perfect, period.  Hurting people is going to happen, it's how you acknowledge that hurt and try to make amends that's going to make the biggest difference; not only to the person you hurt, but in/to your life as well.  I think of it this way; what would I want to pay forward, love and kindness or hate and anger? The determination I have in not treating anyone in a way that they themselves wouldn't want to be treated has become my personal mission.  Reciprocity is awesome but, if it's not coming from a natural place, it shouldn't be expected. Besides, the unexpected can mean so much more.  I should know, it's what you've all given me since the inception of this page... *tear

Thanks everyone and Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!!!



I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Never underestimate your FB status. Words have power. Sometimes the words you type can mean the difference between life and death; between someone seeing or remaining blind. There are always those who never click LIKE, who never comment, who never inbox you, but they read your words and benefit from them. So never underestimate your FB status because they're touching somebody out there. Mark Goggins

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   ... Cried this morning. Cried until my body choked, heaved, and trembled. Through the tears, I talked with GOD... And HE heard me... Even when the words couldn't get around the sobs, HE heard me. After I was completely spent, when there was nothing left of me; a small quiet voice whispered in my Soul... Victory.  Kwame Reina Morris

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself." —Wallace Wattles via Michael Anthony Snowden

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Don't allow laziness, "That's too much/I don't feel like doing that"; pride "What you want is stupid" or comfort, "That person will always be there" open the door for someone else. There's a HUGE difference between "I can't do what you're asking me to do," and "I have the ability to, but I WON'T."  Jullian Goodin

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  I've continued to recognize the power individuals have to change virtually anything and everything in their lives in an instant. I've learned that the resources we need to turn our dreams into reality are within us, merely waiting for the day when we decide to wake up and claim our birthright. Let's Go Get It!!!  Rick DaBarba

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  ‎"It is better to give than to receive" can be applied to MANY circumstances; relationships are not one of them. Two people should contribute to a union. When one is weak, the other is strong. Its about finding the right balance. If what you're giving outweighs what you receive, maybe the person you're with is just not the right fit for you. - Sol-Caritas.com  Carlos Wallace

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! When People Are Baffled At How You Continue To Succeed Even Tho The Odds Are Stacked Against You... Silently Tell Them "You're Right... It's Not Fair... It's Favor..." JS (God's Son) John Spruill

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Shared by  Janise J Danzy

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  My heart hurts...its too big for this body. Evan L. Morganstern

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  ‎"Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be, and he will become as he can and should be." Johann Wolfgang Goethe via Aaron Justice

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! Use your talent (everybody has one) in anyway you can. Don't keep it for yourself like a miser - spend it like a millionaire! Damon Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment