Monday, September 20, 2010

Inspiration...

Mike and I on Turkey Duty, Thanksgiving 2009


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Wanted item fr. Walmart $40.Got 2 cashier it was $20. I prayed Lord, I need 2 bless some1. Outside, a voice spk..Woman w/keys..woman comes 2ward me dangling keys. Stopped her & pressed $20 N her hands. She collapsed n my arms bawling. She thought God hadn't heard prayers & He sent a stranger 2 encourage her. People follow ur heart..bless some1..I felt like crying 2. Don't kno wht her problem but God did.  Pat SisterBetty G'orge-Walker

When I read this status this morning, it brought tears to my eyes as well.  When God is speaking through us to help others, aren't we simply the conduit?  I have been Blessed a hundred times over and never get weary of giving a "shout out" to whom I owe it all, and so much more, to.  Being Favored isn't solely felt by the givers of this world, but to the receivers as well, and I have been in receipt of His many Blessings everyday of my life..  :-)  

Two years ago my best friend, sister and children worked with Darren Green, from the Nassau Guardians, and fed the Hempstead community Thanksgiving Dinner.  Last year, My sister Angie, our friend Vance  and I worked with Aunt (Sister) Mary, of Yes! Solutions, and fed thousands of homeless people in Harlem NY...

The day was unseasonably warm and we got to the site; 125th Street and Morningside Ave, a little early.  Walking to Starbucks and enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee was about all the down time we had because when Aunt Mary showed up, it was GAME TIME!!  Feeding well over 1,000 people in the community was hard work, but the dividends were worth it.  This experience was, hands down, one of the most awesome (outside of welcoming my children into this world) experiences I've ever had.  Helping people, making sure everyone had, and having so much donated food to give people extra was, in a word, AMAZING!  The hundreds of volunteers it takes to pull this off annually is nothing short of miraculous, and the friendships that were formed that day will last all the days of my life..  I can't wait to do it and see everyone again!

I'll never forget leaving the site and jumping on the Bruckner, heading back home to Long Island to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family that evening.  There was a homeless man walking, and panhandling underneath the underpass.  We didn't have any cash, but we did have a GINORMOUS styrofoam container filled with food...  The traffic was pretty bad, almost at a standstill and the Man began to walk back towards our car...  Vance suggested we give him our food and it was at this time that I looked at him.  Poor Man...  I rolled down the window and offered him the super sized container.  When he opened it, he looked back at me with surprise.  I can only imagine that it must have been a very long time since he had a proper Thanksgiving dinner...  He looked at me with tears in his eyes and simply said, "God Bless You"...  He walked away and I watched him in my side view mirror until he all but disappeared.  Vance, Angie and I began to cry as well.  The love in our hearts was too much and the emotions felt were mirrored and shared.. we were all in awe.  I'm crying as I type this and I cried when I read Pat's status this morning...  God is SOOOO GOOD!!!  :-)

Paying it forward doesn't always have to be through deed either...  I know why I created the I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! page, it was to pay it forward as well.  To my sister who's bravery and Duty fills me with so much love and pride.   All the way from Afghanistan she continued to uplift me with her wonderful thoughts and words.   And to ALL my facebook friends who inspired me with their awesome statuses to get better and move forward with the awesome life God has planned for me post operation from back surgery...(emotional~*tear) friends...  through you and your words, you've given me the opportunity to re post which, I can assure you, has helped me and so many others in so many different ways.  You all continue to inspire and your support is appreciated... THANK YOU!!!  Be well...


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   You have a special gift inside that only you possess, learn what it is, how to operate it and then share it with the world - that's the secret to living a wealthy life... Blessed Day Beloved!  John Spruill

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be no help. (John F. Kennedy, 1917-1963)shared by Jackie-Fabulous Champagnie

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” - Leo F. Buscaglia shared by Lee Fuller

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  To look around and see all the wonders of God &To know that God created you in His likenessYou in Him and Him in you What a wonderful thingWOW I love you FB Fam..  Donnell Dunbar

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  COMPASS- What defines U? Your things, your clothes,your car? Your great or sorry personality? Other people? You were made wonderfully. We mar and scar ourselves by what we follow.Follow chaotic people, be stressed/ confused. Follow the confident/ controlled, and develop your own greatness. Where is your compass pointing and what do you follow?ReDefine your existence, from the inside out.  Janet Grier

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Behind every action there's a consequence, now that can either be a reward or a punishmennt based on the action. Make sure you act accordingly to reap your rewards life has to offer you. Everyone deserves a chance at being GREAT...DUECES John Jay

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  ‎"You have got to let go of the life you have planned to live the life that is waiting for you." ~ Joseph Campbell ~ "You have got to let go of those old clothes and dance naked every once in a while" Evan Morganstern shared by Evan L. Morganstern

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  “A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” -Unknown

BE the BEAUTIFUL GEM inside and out TODAY! shared by  Kim Coles


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   I extend love to people everyday-- little by little, task by task, gesture by gesture, word by word.  Simone Hylton


Chaundra Daniels via  I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! We want God to Change our Circumstances but God wants 2 use our Circumstances 2 **CHANGE US** AMEN!! Thank You Lord God 4 Loving Me & My Family Enough 2 put us through Trails & Tribulations.....How else would we exercise our **FAITH** and through our TRIUMPHS & TESTIMONY be a BLESSING to someone else.....ENJOYING THE JOURNEY!! Life is Good but is GREAT when you have God in your lives:) Charlene Ewing

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  It takes who you were and where you've been to make you the person you are today.Phil Jones  

1 comment:

  1. As always you inspire me...
    Thanks Be To God For Creating You
    Thank You For Sharing Your Gift

    ReplyDelete