Monday, July 12, 2010

Out the box...

You dig me,
I dig you back,
I'm feeling this, it's just getting started,
You possess everything my ex lacks.
You're married,
I'm not,
What box do I fit in?
You say you need a lover who knows how to work that thing.
You're married to a woman who, according to you, can't "bling-bling"
Sensual, hot, soft and juicy are synonyms describing me when fully aroused.
Shit, these things come naturally for some, you feel what I'm talking about?
If giving you all I have helps you reach your desired sexual destination, will you be the "homey-lover-friend"
I want in my life and repay me with tenderness, respect and dedication?
Or, am I to be one on a list of fools who's heard you same tired-ass declaration?
What box do I fit in?
I imagine you expected this would go on for years,
with the right woman who understood early on she would get no play with her tears.
I was shortchanged when I complained, this is when you began to diminish,
But it's you... all you "Boo" who was, is and will always be, finished.
What box do I fit in?
What box indeed?
You can't compartmentalize this human being,
I'm coming all out the box, crossing over all four sides of that perfect square you aspired to put me in.
That small stifling box that was supposed to represent me and all my glory...
Not now.... Not ever....

by Francesca Price



Loving yourself is actually the point and this I hope to convey in my own very unique way!

Being a 41 year old single parent comes with it's challenges, but knowingly walking into roadblocks or dangerous situations that aren't good for me, or my family is plain nonsensical.  Although I cannot personally relate to what individuals go through during this journey in particular, I do understand.  I am in no way judging anyone and their choices, as they pertain to becoming involved with men and/or women who are already in committed relationships.  In my poem I simply illustrate a very real aspect of the expectations married people have, and what we should expect for ourselves... MORE!!!  It took me a while to get where I am in my life, and that's happy!  With prayer and positivity, I learned that I am deserving of all the wonderful things God has in store for me, quite simply, I am Blessed!  The inclination to jeopardize these Blessings appear in daily challenges; right and wrong, mini decisions that culminate into final decisions that cannot be undone and self doubt.  But trust me, I didn't always "Like" me, so when I fell incandescently in "LOVE" with myself,  my value system began to change and allowing myself to be DEVALUED was no longer an option.  I've been force feeding these revelations to my daughter, your daughters and every one else; with the help of my facebook friends who graciously allow me to post their wonderful comments on my page,
I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!.  These positive sentiments that encourage and promote healthy choices, as well as life altering affirmations, help... take it from me!  :-)  I strongly encourage all who read this blog to check it out... You never know whose words of wisdom, hope and prayer may change your life too!  There are hundreds of posts, and below are a few of my favorites that I want to share with you today.  You'll find many more thought provoking, uplifting and funny posts on I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! too, just go to the link and hit Like!  Be well and blessed everyone...


‎"I never stop wanting better...I never forget that means I need to be better....." Tawni S. FearsTHE TAWNI LOGUES


"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile. So, when you are lonely remember it's true; somebody, somewhere is thinking of you. Once you realize how valuable you are to God, the smiles will return, your heart will mend, and you will finally

be able to move forward with the life that God intended for you with love, grace, strength, courage, & confidence."  via Barbara Barclift


‎"The grateful mind is constantly fixed upon the best. Therefore it tends to become the best. It takes the form or character of the best, and will receive the best." - Wallace D Wattles shared by Lee Fuller

"In life, in order for us to stop hurting, we must first stop hurting others..." KeiJuan Keyez Keitt





No comments:

Post a Comment