Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Words that Inspire, Uplift and have the Power to Change your Mind!

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Prepare yourselves,, THE BEST IS YET TO COME.. No matter bad things look,, Your Blessing is on the way... STAY FOCUSED..." Kendell Maliki


Reading awesome words that inspire, lift me up and change my mind is exactly why the "I don't just like it, I love it" page was created.  My sister Angie spearheaded this movement; but reading posts like Kendell Maliki's and countless others, not only changed my mind, they changed my life.  I know, I know, facebook is "not that serious", but you'd be surprised how many people need to read the EXACT words that some of us happen to write.  It's incredible actually!   At times when I was down, this brings tears to my eyes because at one point those down times happened quite often, I just read a few posts, awesome and profane posts camouflaged as statuses, that would heal me on the spot.  The back issues/problems I have, as well as the personal ones I've endured,  had me in a state for about 1 year and I have to say, with your words facebook friends, I have made it through!  I am a blessing to be a blessing someone told me recently and I believe that just like I believe through Jesus Christ, everything is possible.  


It's with this knowledge that I can say no to the bullshit, and a resounding YES, to everything that I know He has in store for me.  I will not allow anyone, especially myself, to devalue me and take me off this path... no matter what.  I am focused on all that is good and right and all that God has for me is most assuredly on the way!  


I have a little story to tell before I wrap this up, I know it's kinda late today, but I was hanging out with my Mommy and we got our nails done!!  ;-)  So, my ex boyfriend called me a few weeks ago and told me he was coming to town, I live In New York and he currently resides in North Carolina.  He asked if he can take me out to dinner and I said yes, I mean our breakup 3 years ago was, dare I say, amicable?   He then proceeded to ask me if I would stay with him while he was here, in his hotel I presumed, and I was silent.  When I began speaking again, this is what I said;


"I'm sorry, did you want to discuss having a long-distance relationship?  I'm open to having that conversation."


Of course, I misunderstood, right?  While I gave him a moment to gather his thoughts and come up with something to say that would shine him in a better light and help him to get his self respect back, I continued to wait.  I say his self respect because I did not ALLOW him to disrespect me.  I immediately started filling the silence with kind words; I could have gone for the jugular and admonished him, but instead, like Oran "Juice" Jones, I chilled... ;-)  I extended an "olive branch", he grabbed it with both hands and backtracked... fast!!   He went on to say if I thought his invitation suggested anything untoward, he was sorry and that he would give me a call when he got into town.   It's funny, he never did want to have that conversation about reuniting, lol!  


I know the best is yet to come, and anyone who doesn't have my best interest at heart will not take any space, in my head or in my life...  it's just that simple!  Remember, if you want to read more uplifting, funny, and awesome posts that will help change your mind too, hit I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! and Like it... it couldn't hurt!  Be well...




I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "DON'T CRY because it's over, SMILE because it happened. We are responsible for our lives. We can't keep blaming somebody else for our dysfunction. Life is really about moving on. Don't worry if you feel low; the sun has a sinking spell every night, but rises all right the next morning. Quietly forgiving and moving on is a gift to God; and yourself."  Rick DaBarba


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Just happy with myself...everything else will fall into place..."  Javona Lisa Overton

1 comment:

  1. You Know Fran, reading inspiring quotes during the day, helps to better cope with every situation that arises..........i love this blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete