Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Threads






"There is just something about the female frame.... *SMH and lickin my lips* Lawd.... If we could just get y'all to shut the heck up and act right... Y'all would be so_____..." Jason Barnes







Last night I read Jason's status and laughed out loud, for real, it was so funny!!   I chimed in with my own "tongue and cheek" comment and was looking forward to all the playful banter on the topic that was sure to come.  Boy was I wrong!   Let's face it women, sometimes we take it there and it's just so damn unnecessary.  I was ready to play, but had to mourn this thread's potential instead.  The comments that proceeded mine seemed to take a life of their own and what could have been entertainment, turned into a platform, or a soapbox session, where some of his other "friends" went in with comments like; "Why would you want someone who doesn't have an opinion"? , "Why would you want a doormat?",  "Get a blow up doll", "Women  are honest and speak the truth.." etc...  Damn ladies , really?  Jason did not vilify and/or disrespect women with this status; he merely spoke his mind and most of the women who chimed in with their nonsense just proved his point.  Stop being so obtuse and see it for what it was, humorous and REAL!   When I read all the comments that proceeded my  "I have a "mute" button... Lol :-)"   I completely understood what he was talking about and wanted you all to shut the heck up and act right too, or better yet, DELETE YOURSELVES!!!    

Dang Ladies, sometimes we can be a real drag!  Why can't we hear, or in this case, read the truth?  Jason even took the time to give us, as a gender, an awesome compliment before he hit us with it.  And, to soften the blow, he wrapped it in a pretty little package along with his very unique brand of comedic flair and some of you still couldn't decipher the message.   Instead of constantly going in for the "kill"  and trying to admonish MEN, why don't we just listen?  Reading in between the lines, especially the funny ones, can reveal those subliminal, and in Jason's case, not so subliminal (LOL), messages we tend to overlook because instead of LISTENING we're too busy paying attention to all the wrong things...  

I liken the "hi-jacking" of Jason's thread, as "The Takeover".  Social networking is hard enough without people transposing their unrelated personal issues onto someone else's fun.  If over analyzing is a pain in the neck interpersonally, believe me when I type, it's a freaking nightmare online!!  My rule when chiming in on other people "Random Thoughts" is to respect the creator of the conversation, not read so much into it, and simply keep it light.  It's really not that serious!  :-)    Be well...

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!! ‎"One of the things about equality is not that you be treated equally to a man, but that you treat yourself equally to the way you treat a man." Marlo Thomas. Ladies, are you listening?! shared by Khai Missy Patterson

4 comments:

  1. Nuf Said! Really we talk too damn much, and wonder why we are stressed...Thanks Fran, for putting it into perspective, and thank Jason for the compliment....

    Chaundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is a backhanded compliment really a compliment after all? Ultimately, most males prefer a deaf, mute who will open her legs at his desire. The issue isn't that she talks too much, but that she talks at all. But, I gotta work with what I got, so to the extent that he wants "this," he will have to listen to me (i.e. may be required to answer some questions on topic)and respect my opinion or the shop will be CLOSED!! Khai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I liked you for a reason...I live by a quote I wish many did, regardless of gender, race, religion or any of the labels ppl love to put on each other...I heard this quote from an ol' comedian named "Red Skelton" he said...
    "Why take life seriously you're not coming out alive anyway"

    I love that thought process, I see you do too, not many women can handle such freedom to let things be as they are, give up so much control for many it's damn near impossible. They must run the ship and the man and if they don't run 'em to the bank like she should, she usually run that nigga into a brick wall leave 'em not knowing his name. lol.
    Oh shit stop me, you got me goin' Ms. Price, I love the freedom you express. The peace that should be for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous (Khai) I won't speak for most males, but you're actually proving Ms. Price's point. The problem isn't that many females talk "at all"...it's that many usually have nothing of value to say. Think economically...supply and demand. The quiet ones get listened to the most when they DO speak, while the ones who FLOOD THE MARKET with every thought, feeling, opinion, dream, desire and complaint decreases the value of their words and eventually get ignored. There's no MYSTERY anymore, no PLEASANTNESS anymore and I'll even go as far as to say there's barely any FEMININITY anymore. But I will also say that it's all a reaction to MEN dropping the ball. Even your own REACTIONARY comments scream of either a broken heart or trying to "rep" women who you think will have your back when they secretly know they should talk less. DL Hughley said y'all need to talk less; Akil wrote in his book that God gave us the ability to close our ONE mouth while keeping the TWO ears open (do the math on that, ok?); even Sharazad Ali said y'all talk too much. Many got the message, many will not. Oh well.
    A simple prescription of "Thought Before Speech" usually clears up the problem however. Works for me......LLOliver525@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete