Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Rain...

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Rain is so sexy..."  Patricia Beautifull James


Rain is so awesome!  I love everything about it; the way it falls, the way it smells and, especially in the summer time, the way it feels on my skin.  The effect rain has on me, and I suspect lots of other people, is calming... tranquil even.  Sure, it can be inconvenient when outdoor activities are scheduled, but that's when the indoor activities kick in...  Rainy days are lazy days, blockbuster movie and family game nights.  When it rains, I'm content; but when it rains and my family is under one roof, I feel Blessed!  

Summer 2010 has been one of the hottest to date.  That's not a complaint, but with minimal rainfall comes yellow grass, wilted plant life and water shortages.  Home owners are not permitted to water lawns daily and some of us pray for it to rain; it's necessary respite, the healing properties it blesses on all things living as well as an overall sense of renewal that's apparent in everything the rain touches and washes away.  Driving in it can be hazardous, and thunder scares the hell out of my dog, and so I stay inside, comfort the dog and relax...  I love the rain.  

Rain has it's own rythm, it's own beat and it doesn't matter how many hours it falls; how hard, soft or misty, I never get tired of listening to it...  And yes, I remember once upon a time being with someone special... Those rainy days occurred in slow motion, were languorous and, as Patricia stated, sexy... very SEXY!  ;-)  


1 comment: