Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Circle of Life...

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  “So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” - A. J. Reb Materi shared by  Lee Fuller

I saw a young mother walking down my beautiful tree lined street pushing her baby in a stroller and immediately began to reminisce...  Twenty years ago; Damn, it's truly been that long, my son was born.  The first grandchild on both sides, his birth was a celebration.  Unfortunately, his first 6 weeks were spent in ICU, but he was a strong little thing and we all knew he'd be just fine.  His christening was HUGE!  I mean, if anyone who's reading this is aware of Haitian culture, most of us practice Catholicism and the religious celebrations; Christenings, First Holy Communions and Confirmations, are big familial events.  Twenty years ago I attended more of the aforementioned gatherings than I can remember.  Not to mention weddings, baby showers and Baby's 1st birthday parties...  Those were really good times!  As I watched this young mother on her summer evening promenade with her baby, I thought about some of the most important milestones in my life and the ones that her and her family had to look forward to in theirs.

It's funny, twenty years ago, when I was in my 20's it was all about new beginnings, and now in my 40's it feels like I've been saying an awful lot of goodbyes.  That's the circle of life  I guess.  Too many parents of friends are passing and too many friends are ailing... I have to imagine this is the natural order of things, right? We're born, we live and we die... But everyday, I'm learning more and more that it's the in between that will play a large part, for some of us anyway, when the end comes too soon.  To live  HEALTHY is a choice... one that I made a few years ago, and boy am I grateful!  After back surgery, weight gain and bloating would have been natural, what with the lack of movement and physical activity.  But because I had already adopted a more healthy diet, I was able to maintain.

Physical therapy helps, but I had to recognize and reconcile with myself the various things I won't be able to do anymore, like run...  Sit ups are difficult as well, so I'll be pulling out that "Body Magic" girdle from time to time in the future... I'm just saying!  ;-)

I read an article about Geriatric doctors, Doctors who primarily care for the elderly, being in demand as a direct result of Americans living longer and healthier lives and that's pretty inspiring.   I guess what I'm trying to say is in 20 years, I'm going to be the "old" lady in my sixties and 20 years from then I'll be the old lady in my 80's...  Depending on how well I treat myself now, will determine on how healthy I will be then.  I know it's something I sign off with on a regular, but I really mean what I write and I hope you take it to heart when you read it... Be well!  :-)

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Take a moment today to think of something that stresses you out. Immediately follow up with a thought that brings you happiness. Then, try to think of both at the same time. You can't. The brain can only focus on one complete thought at a time. When faced with a choice today, think positively. Change the course of your day, one good thought at a time. ~ Sol-Caritas.com  Carlos Wallace


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "Due to the high temperatures this summer, by my calculations (bring down the five carry the two divide it by four), I've lost a total of.......... 25lbs in sweat. Skinny Jeans here I come!"  Chaundra Daniels


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "Don’t allow people who say it cannot be done interrupt you while you are doing it. Have a GREAT day fb family." ~ Sol-Caritas.com  Carlos Wallace


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."  Ronald Thornton


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Remember challenges make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."  Healing Heart Counseling Service


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Focus..and just try to be the dopest"  Donovan Price


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "AS sure as you are LIVING you are going to go through something.. the question is are you willing to FIGHT AND COME OUT OF IT... God bless..."  Kendell Maliki


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Working out keeps my mind right..and my body follows:)" ---Tamika Handy  Black Women "DO" Workout!



I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business." - Michael J. Fox~courtesy The Daily Love shared by Kim Coles


No comments:

Post a Comment