Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flying the not so Friendly Skies!!






News 12 Long Island: The mother of a Jet Blue flight attendant leaps to her son's defense. Diane Slater says she understands why her son, Steven, snapped after a passenger cursed at him and apparently hit him with a piece of luggage. He's facing charges for deploying the slide. His mother, who lives in California, was also a flight attendant. She says if it were her, she might have snapped even more.

WTF!!!!?????  Everyone is applauding this dude... really?  I'm a little perturbed.  I mean, he's supposed to have it together as a flight attendant, right?  Publicly vilifying that passenger for disrespecting him and inadvertently assaulting him with her overhead carry-on bag was one thing, but jeopardizing the safety of all passengers, fellow co-workers and the ground crew, was in excusable!  I'm sure his behavior was based, on no small part anyway, on the fact that he is a recovering alcoholic.  The fact that he "swiped"  two beers, before his grand exit from the aircraft, was clearly indicative of that.  Coincidentally, the disgruntled flight attendant's mother is ill and this also weighed heavy on the poor guys mind.  Dropping the "F" bomb several times could have been considered and pardoned as retaliatory and ultimately excused.  Sanctions would have been imposed, maybe even a brief suspension would have been the more immediate punishment, but opening the emergency door and causing a security breech of that magnitude is just wrong in this terrorist crazed world/climate.  His issues notwithstanding, the additional problems he's created for himself almost renders the nobel act null and void!  

You know what would have been awesome is if he hacked into the computer and had Jetblue pay for everyone's ticket who flew that day.  Yeah, hacking into the mainframe and disabling the operating system that pertained to charges would have been a real home run for everyone!!  Sticking it to "The Man" always helps in regards to public opinion/support and this would have had the people cheering for him for days, weeks and weeks to come!  Oh well, that's how I see it anyway... Be well!  

Shoshin's FsnToday "Steven, after getting blasted in the head with a suitcase, just said f**k it to his job(one of my favorite books The F**k It Way)."  Jet Blue has a "Slip and Slide" | It's a Funny Source for News 

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Not wasting time on being angry... For, me, that's a first and it's progress!!  Khai Missy Patterson

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! Monica Cooper is organizing my thoughts :) theme music: "Get up Stand up" ~ Bob Marley

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!  "A man is, as he thinks..........." via  Monique Mitchell

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Wherever I go, I meet myself. Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don't realize this because almost everyone is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessant mental noise prevents us from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from Being. You can outdistance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you.  Rick DaBarba

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ~G.B. Shaw, shared by Tara Sessions

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Calm and Easy! Cant fight with anger, Have to clear the mind first!!!"  Real Ras

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "You're not going to get me to resign to make you feel comfortable," --Charles Rangel shared by Roni Minter

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius. It is a thousand time better to have common sense without education, than to have education without common sense. Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes  Rick DaBarba

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!Take a moment today to think of something that stresses you out. Immediately follow up with a thought that brings you happiness. Then, try to think of both at the same time. You can't. The brain can only focus on one complete thought at a time. When faced with a choice today, think positively. Change the course of your day, one good thought at a time. ~ Sol-Caritas.com  Carlos Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment