Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Un-gettable Get???


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! "It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?"  Jason Barnes


So it occurred to me while I was having a conversation with my beautiful sister and lovely mother this morning that I am, and in their opinion,  the 80%+ woman.  My "single-dom" notwithstanding, it is the 20% or less women that Men are really looking for, and I shouldn't take it personal.  The truth is, I don't.  I know my value and I also know that when the right person is sent to me, he will too.  My confidence level is at an all time high, I'm not even going to front, I'm fabulous and know it!!!  I'm genuinely happy and the idea of being embittered because of past relationships with men who couldn't discern a genuine quality woman, positioned right under their noses, is not my issue... it's theirs.  Some men would rather get "robbed" and "stole" on in pursuit of that un-gettable "20%", and I say more power to you.  Just do us "80%+" women a favor, cross the street and walk very fast... in the opposite direction, THANKS!  ;-)  





My real question is time vs energy.  If acquiring that 20% requires more of both, then why aren't you guys putting in that work?  Why make the real quality woman feel like she's taking up space until the dream materializes?  When beautiful, strong and intelligent black women are willing to love you in spite of yourself because the potential and growth that's clear to us, but isn't cognizant to you at this time, what exactly is the problem?  Could it be, Men, that your deep fear of inadequacy interferes with the possibility of greatness along side us 80 percenters?  This Blog, believe it or not, is really about love. Love of self, and the love we have the capacity to feel for others, even if they don't truly appreciate the person it's coming from... yet.  Because we all know that at the end of the day when that 20% is still out of reach, that Man is coming back!  Think Dwele's "Find a Way"... Hmmmmm!  See, that's the 80%+ stuff I'm talking about! :-)  


Wake up Men, there are some pretty awesome woman out here, and no, I'm not talking about the stereotypical "mean" Black Woman you all seem to want to vilify and persecute for being who they are, I'm talking about all the quality woman that like trees blocking the forest, you just don't seem to notice.  Instead of concentrating on that "un-gettable get" or perceiving yourself to be unobtainable as well, face that fear, understand the gift of love that God has given you and embrace it.  Love is brilliant, powerful and fabulous...  


One of my ex's said this to me a long time ago, "... you're everything I never knew I always wanted...".  Now "EX" being the operative word in that sentence, I believe he's still in search of that 20% and I wish him all the best, I am not being disingenuous, I mean it... Really and truly!   And no matter what percentage point you're looking for friends, I want the same for all of you as well!  Don't be scared, go out there and be open to it, I know I am!  Be well...  



I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "It doesn't hurt to appreciate things." Bob Sumner  




I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "James Hannah Presents Truthpaste is petioning for a national holiday for men. It's gonna be called, "You're Not A Punk To Admit You're In Love Day". To be observed by ALL men over the age of 25. Stop waiting until she leaves you to realize you love her, dumb ass."


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "Divorce your past and leave it behind; engage yourself with your present, in many gifts; marry your future, it is where you will spend the restof your life." Kim Coles


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty." Bob Marley shared by Chyone Micah


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Walt Disney shared by Kathy Fisher Griffith


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "I Am."Laurence Oliver


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "... a good woman can make u. a bad woman can break u." Chris Anadollis


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! "Spending too much time searching for the 20% that they pass up on the 80% right up under their noses." Jullian Goodin


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!
"There's one sad truth in life I've found





While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound,
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow,
To those who love us best."

 Jason Six-Nine Barnes




















No comments:

Post a Comment