Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!









Chaundra Daniels  IT's the "MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR": FOOTBALL SEASON!! via  I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!



No, it's not Christmas time, it's football season!  Yeay????  Instead of Christmas lights, there are millions of glowing fans whose faces are just as bright and the energy is contagious!  I can appreciate organized sports and football happens to be one of my favorites...  honestly.  I don't really know the game like I should; I mean, I'm 41 years old with 2 marriages and a few boyfriends under my belt, hell I even dated a man who played professionally once, I better like it!   But let's face it, liking a thing and knowing a thing are two different things, am I right?  Yes ladies, I'm talking about "us" fakers who appreciate the outfits we can don and the sexy way we don them (in support of "our" team of course), the quality time spent with "our man" during the game, but who are still totally in the dark insofar as understanding the game itself.  Like I said, I get it, but to most of you who know absolutely NOTHING about the game, it's time to get familiar with it... QUICK!   

On Healthy Tuesdays, topics range from mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health, and it is with your mental and emotional health in mind that I want to help by suggesting to all significant and significant other hopefuls who don't know, you better take a crash course in Football 101, or like Tawni Fears said, you better start watching and visiting ESPN and ESPN.com!  

In a nutshell, the object of the game is to get the ball across the goal line.  Each team gets 4 "Downs" to make this happen.  Is everyone following me so far?  Good!  Every 10+ yards the team in possession moves the ball towards the goal, a new set of "downs" are given, meaning they get 4 more.. it's like the reset button was hit, got it?  :-)  I'm pretty sure the rest is self explanatory; team reaches the goal line and scores!!  I didn't say I was an ace, but that's the gist of the game, or my understanding anyway!  The point system is kind of hazy for me, there's the 3 point conversion, 6 point touchdown, and the 1 or 2 point conversions I think...  Hmmmm, don't take my word for it on that, you'd better ask your guy/girl who's in the know about points and hey, the question might get you a high-five!  :-)  Feel Better Eli and I sure am looking forward to the upcoming season... not! Lol, kidding!  Be well...  





I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   Monica Cooper thinks we may have lost but we knocked a few plays out of Eli's head before we did it...ouch! Treasure Tuesdays in effect ♥! Theme music: "Mama" Boys II Men

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  Football is my second choice yep SECOND to baskeball but to my ladies who dont watch sports you better start watching/visiting ESPN.com/asking questions (not when the games are on) cuz that is quailtiy time at it's finest! I keep telling y'all...listen to me! lol Tawni S. Fears

Monica Cooper  Green toes n nails w/ white shoes for my JETS game tonight!!! 





Carl T Simpson  Is desperate for football. Actually watching a replay of last years game between Alabama vs. Virginia Tech.







"I am officially locked in preparing for my fantasy football leagues yes I said leagues with an S!" Akil 



"JETS STARTERS LOOKED GOOD BUT THAT BOY VICTOR CRUZ FOR THE G-MEN MADE A NAME FOR HIMSELF!!! THAT 1 HAND CATCH WAS SICK!!!"  Akil Shabazz

"Get better and get back, Eli, we have some butt to kick! Let's go Giants! congrats on Monday night win!"  Tonia Handy



News 12 Long Island  SPORTS UPDATE: The New York Giants defeat the New York Jets 31-16 in preseason opener in the new Meadowlands stadium. Giants quarterback Eli Manning suffered a hit in the second quarter that forced him out of the game. Manning needed stitches to close a three-inch laceration on his forehead, but says that he is OK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment