Monday, August 2, 2010

"Thank you for being a friend..."

I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "THE MONDAY MESSAGE: A small mistake can be significant enough to change everything




Hi all, I'm back!!!  I had an awesome time in Puerto Vallarta with the family and drank waaaay too much tequila, but I'm back to reality and back on my grind!!  The children went para sailing, swam in the ocean for hours and ate the best Mexican food ever!  The quality time I had with my family was second to none and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world!  Oh, and did I mention I drank lots of tequila? ;-)  


The night we left for Mexico was pretty hectic;  Angie had just arrived that same afternoon from Afghanistan and all the little mini-errands that needed to be ran were more like sprints at break neck speed!  I met Angie at the airport with a bottle of her favorite wine, as promised and her spirits, no pun intended, were pretty high from that moment on!  


From the moment we arrived in Mexico, I had a shot glass glued to my fingers and I knew the fun I had would never have been if I didn't have my family there watching over me.  As a matter of fact, I NEVER go out drinking, whether I'm on vacation or just chilling around my way, with people who don't have my best interest at heart.  Surrounding myself with people who actually LOVE me, is the only situation in which I feel comfortable getting my "drink on" and I want to send a special thank you to Darlene, Lisa, Angie, Gina and especially Sandy... I love you guys and thanks for holding me down!  I know other people in similar situations don't have the support system I have and are even allowed to get up on that table or wear that lamp shade home, but my people wouldn't allow that to happen to me, or anyone else for that matter and I love you guys even more because of that! 


When I came home and heard that an acquaintance of mine had been involved in an accident because she was allowed to get behind the wheel and drive in a situation that's not so unfamiliar to some of us, it broke my heart.  When I heard the pain in the persons voice as they were relaying the story to me, I felt even worse.  The friend of my friend is going to be ok and barely remembers what happened, but the severity of her injuries and the knowledge of why she has them will be with her for the rest of her life.  I know my friend feels horrible.  It's not in this person's nature to let friends down and if being in two places at the same time were possible, this person believes the unthinkable might have been prevented.  Trying to assuage guilt that doesn't belong to someone is difficult, but I tried my hardest.   I just feel bad that people who noticed, but may have been oblivious to the state this woman was truly in, missed the opportunity to help and/or do something about it.  No one is as true blue as the friend I speak of and I just want you to know you are appreciated and loved.  Be well everyone and let's start taking care of each other...




I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "...thank u for being there. .your brave enough to slap me when needed,and gentle enough to hug me as well...I feel good,on my way to make the donuts...love u...." Gina Tappan


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions." ~Unknown.




Honey, 'aint THAT the TRUTH!! Thanks tinybuddha.com shared by Kim Coles


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "It's easy for people to hang around when life is easy: thru good times...but its those who are there when you are GOING THRU that show you who's really in your corner. Those who are there when you cry, listen patiently, see u at your worst...and still say 'I Love you, despite it all. And I'm not going anywhere.'"  Myckelle Williams



I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! "Not everyone can be a friend however, anyone can be an enemy. Neither is readily identified, but with time each will reveal their true nature. People in your life will come and go. Just be careful when choosing who you ask to stay." ~ Sol-Caritas.com Carlos Wallace


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side stepping their responsibilities, and pushing their luck !!" Rick DaBarba


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Family. When someone offers you love, receive it gracefully. Respect the journey of the person that thinks enough of you to extend love, food, drink, and laughter. This weekend, I lived, loved, learned, and laughed and it was given to me by another. It is now time to pay it forward to another...." Keiron Bigby


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "A friend is one who sees through you and still enjoys the view." Wilma Askinas  Matthew Jordan Smith shared by  Darlene Gillard

No comments:

Post a Comment