Monday, August 9, 2010

Life's a Beach! :-)

Taken yesterday, August 8, 2010 Long Beach, Long Island New York



I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! "Today was a Good Day... (in my Ice Cube voice!) xoxo" 
Francesca Price









Hi everyone!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend full of love, happiness and summer fun!  For me the weekend culminated in two things; saying goodbye and new beginnings...

My sister, Angelique Worth, left yesterday to complete her tour in Afghanistan.  2 weeks goes by in a flash and I already miss her terribly.  From the moment she landed heading straight off to Mexico, to the awesome photo shoot the day before she left, we packed in as much fun and family time as possible and had a blast!  We ate great food, connected with many friends and felt love all around us.  More good news is that she'll be back, for good this time, in less than 3 months and boy are we going to celebrate when she does!    I know the Roosevelt Alumni weekend was going on, and I'm sorry I had to miss it.  I'm sure it would have been great to see so many friends that meant so much to me then and continue to now, from High School.  If we went, this Blog may have been a little different too!!  I'm just saying... Lol  Anyway, it was more important to unwind at home and spend that time with Angie, quite frankly, the family didn't want to share!

Our Mom came to the airport to see Angie off and we had a great conversation on the ride home.  For the last 7 months, my parents have been going through a transition.  My beautiful Mother's decision to end a marriage that hasn't been fulfilling for a long time, and start her life anew, is courageous and admirable.. I'm very proud of her and wish her all that life has to offer and a ridiculous amount of happiness as well!!!  Splitting up after over 47 years of marriage must be difficult, but with the support of all her daughters and friends, I have no doubt that Ms. Angele Price will know a life full of happiness, wonderment and love. Have fun on your journey Mom, it's going to be AWESOME!!! xoxo

When I dropped Mom off at her home, I decided to do me...  I went for a long drive along Ocean Parkway.  All the windows were down and I was loving the ocean scented breeze.  It was so tranquil and I was so at peace, it almost felt like I was in the passenger seat!  ;-)  No, I wasn't driving with cruise control.  But I was being guided and the feelings of peace and contentment can only come from one source... Him.

I went to breakfast, alone, and felt a pang of guilt.  I immediately called my babies and after hearing from one sleepy one that the other one was also sleeping, I was good!  :-)  Going to Long Beach and sitting on a bench on the Boardwalk was probably the most fun I've had all year.  It was awesome to watch the thousands of happy beach goers enjoy the water and sun.  People running and playing volleyball, remembering the time when I moved with that kind of agility and speed.  Without even realizing when the shift occurred, I didn't feel sorry for myself as I people watched and reminisced about the way I used to move, I felt happy.  The sky was blue, the sand was... well, sand and the ocean looked wonderful!  It was picturesque and I was enthralled.  I'm not sure how long I sat, but the pain in my back let me know it was time to get up!  I made a mental note to ALWAYS travel with a chair and a bathing suit in my truck because hey, you never know...  Lol!

When I came home, my babies were up, my home girl Patricia Trish Peay-Mcneill, came over, cooked turkey wings and home made macaroni and cheese for me and my family before heading home to North Carolina.  This made me REALLY happy!  I took a long shower, spoke to Angie, who will be traveling for the next 2 days (uugghh!!) and checked the  I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!... page.  WOW, I can't believe it!  In the past 2 days almost 100 people "Liked" the page!!!  Thank you guys so much for appreciating this page and becoming a part of the team.  Please feel free to re post any and all words; that are humorous, inspirational and awesome, as you like!  Thanks friends for the wonderful continued support, have an incredible week and be well...


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "We miss out on God's plan for our lives because what He said to me doesn't line up with what I said to me... Bishop K. Yelverton shared by  Charles Hamlin


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine" :-) shared by Tawni S. Fears


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "What seems relatively trivial to you may, perhaps, be quite meaningful to the next person. Let's make an effort to see things through the eyes of others with heartfelt compassion." Brooklyn Cam


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Don't miss your blessing because it's not presented in the package you told God you wanted it in." Bishop Kenneth Yelverton shared by  Charles Hamlin


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  ‎"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business." - Michael J. Fox~courtesy The Daily Love shared by  Kim Coles


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "If you conduct yourself as though you expect to be successful and happy, you will seldom be disappointed..."  Reggie Storey


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "What I wish I could change < What I wouldn't change for the world. *Perspective.*" shared by Tawni S. Fears


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!! ‎"Working out keeps my mind right..and my body follows:)" ---Tamika Handy  Black Women "DO" Workout!


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!   "Monica Cooper had such a great weekend with old & new friends ♥! Today's theme music: "The Glow of Love" ~ Luther..."


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  ‎"...there's only this...forget, regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today." - from "Rent" shared by Lee Fuller


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Nice evening..sushi and champagne..thx ladies n welcome home Angie!"Lisa Crawford DeRoche


I don't just "Like it", I "LOVE IT"!!!  "Just had a wonderful evening with my girls.. sushi, moet rose,verve cliquot rose...I'm rose,d out...life is so damn good....the get fresh crew..." Gina Tappan




No comments:

Post a Comment